|English: Effects of stress on the body. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
Hussain, February, 2009 www.pankajbatra.com: This is the ﬁrst time I’ve witnessed any layoff and it was terrible. There were a few of us who joined Sapient in the hope of a great career. A few had gone on vacation only to return to the bad news that they had been laid off. The management says that they are living Sapient’s core values—openness being one of them. That’s why they had been so upfront in communicating the news of the downsizing. What a shame!”
4. Can you reduce the bench pool and make more effective utilization of the workforce?
5. Can the billing model with clients be reworked? Should the old model of payments being done based on deliverables and not hours/efforts put in by employees go on forever?
6. Is the distribution of billed amount from clients equitable? Is it fair to pay an employee Rs 20,000 per month who is billed by the company for $ 20,000 per month?
7. Are employee skills being utilized effectively? Will an engineering graduate be glad doing backend maintenance work for months on end? Is the job adding any value to his/her career and talent?
8. Is there a proper work life balance among employees? How many hours are they clocking in in a week, and are they being paid for the extra time? Can the several hours of travel in cities like Bangalore be utilized for work, and be paid for?
1.Economic Times, 25 Apr 2013: Psychiatrists report sudden rise in cases of depression among IT workers, Nasscom says all is well.
2.The Hindu, 28 Feb 2013: ‘Indian economy cannot ignore manufacturing sector’
3.Outlook Business, 27 June 2009: Chronicles of the rise and fall of the Indian software engineer.