Viewing 8 posts - 11 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Sravanti Badam
    Participant

@Anant: Your profile on the whole looks very good, except the fact that your VA score is a little less. Generally, 90+ in both the sections will surely fetch a call for a profile like yours. Nevertheless, you can expect a call as your acads look good.

Sravanti Badam
    Participant

@Aman: Your profile looks excellent. You would be getting a call for PGHR and PGPIM (and most probably PGPM too), but converting it needs excellence in your GDPI performance, as there would be many 96+ percentilers competiting for the admission.

IM program offered by MDI is an excellent one, where you would be in India for 6 months (June-Feb) and the rest in Europe (MDI has a tie-up with ESCP). And yes, you have to search for an internship on your own either in Europe or in India. But the final placement is taken care of by MDI. Also, the fees for PGPIM is higher than that of PGPM and PGHR. The intake in IM batch is 30-35 students, whereas that in PGHR is 60 and PGPM is 240.

sakshi gupta
    Participant

OA: 94.33

QA: 84.81 VA: 96.77

Xth : 89.2

XIIth : 85.16

B.tech (CSE): 74.37

Work Ex: 23 months in IBM

Extra Curricular: Participation in college festivals, Head of Judgement Committee during college fests, Miss Fitness Freak Competition winner organised by a gym in my city. **no solid extra curricular or achivements 😥

Any Chances for MDI,HR?

Raghu Ram
    Participant

Hi,
    My Cat Score is OA 95.48 Quant :- 95.82 VA:- 89.27
    Xth :- 89.47
    XIIth :- 95.83
    BE:- 88.40%
    Work exp:-2 yrs with TCS and 1 yr with Central Board of Customs and Excise(Present).

Please tell me whether I would get a call from MDI and does this job switch from Private to Govt sector pose a problem in general??….Thanks in Advance….

Sravanti Badam
    Participant

@Sakshi: Your overall CAT score looks good, but your QA is slightly on the lower side. Also, your B.Tech. aggregate % is little low. Consistent academic performance is preferred generally. So, PGPM call might not be possible. However, you might get a HR or IM call, but converting it would require good preparation and performance, as there would be many people with all 3 scores(OA, QA, VA) above 90 percentile. So, it all lies in your hand to convert, in case you get a call. But the call itself is doubtful due to the above mentioned reasons.

Sravanti Badam
    Participant

@Raghu Ram: Your OA and QA look good but VA has just missed the 90 percentile line. Rest all looks very good. According to the previous trends, I doubt a PGPM call (Lets hope for the best). May be you can get HR or IM.

Job switch is not a problem unless and until you justify the reasons in the interview.  In fact, it would be a good point to talk about in the interview. You can somehow relate it to your interest in finance. You can even tell it to be one of the reasons for “Why MBA?”

Hope I have answered your query. Good luck 🙂

Avanish Gupta
    Participant

OA 97.02   QA  97.5  VA 91.12

10th 92 prcnt

12th 89 prcnt

grads 77.6 prcnt btech ece

work ex IT tech mahindra 7 months

one foreign intern

no outstanding achievements

general male engineer
    not interested in HR. Definitely hoping for a PGP call but what are the realistic chances to convert it.

Mohana Kodipaka
    Participant

@avanish gupta

You have very good chances of converting the call.

As you have less work exp. be thoroughly prepared with your B.Tech concepts, foriegn internship  and CV as well.

If you perform well in GD and Interview you have high chances of converting the call.

Be well prepared – general awareness for GD and interview.

Your resume, wrk exp, B.tech concepts – for Interview

All the best!!

Viewing 8 posts - 11 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Follow us

©2010-2023 IdeasMakeMarket.com |Contact Us | T&C | Privacy Policy

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account