This blog was started in December 2010 by Abhirup Bhattacharya, an alumnus from NMIMS Mumbai, to serve as a platform for young bright minds in the world of business. It is one of the most widely read blogs by working professionals and B-school students in India. Some of the articles have also been referenced by consulting firms like PwC and business magazines like Forbes.
Business Article Writing Challenge
The competition provides an opportunity to write on one of the finest business blogs in India. In addition to this, selected articles will also be featured in the third edition of Sparks! Magazine, the monthly business magazine of the website.
First Prize: Rs. 2500 Flipkart Voucher
Second Prize: Rs. 1000 Flipkart Voucher
*E-Certificates of participation for all approved entries
Rules & Guidelines!
1. The event is open for all participants globally. The participation can be in the form of an individual or in a team of two.
2. The article can be on any business issue (preferably recent). However, it must be original and free from plagiarism. We have a zero tolerance policy towards plagiarised content and the author(s) may face permanent ban from writing in our site if proven guilty. If your article is approved for the event,
-It cannot be posted on any other blog/site.
-References (if used) for the article should be provided.
-The article should not have been sent to any other online or offline event in the past or published on any blog/website.
The article must cater to one of the areas:
-Marketing & Branding
-Strategy & Operations
-Start-up / NGO story and why you feel it will succeed
3. Rule of Judging:
a. Quality of writing and Content- 40%
b. Analysis and Insights- 25%
c. Social Interaction (Comments + Tweets + Linkedin Shares) – 35%
4. The minimum word count for the article is 800 words. There is an upper limit of 2000 words.
5. Only Graphs and Tables can be included in the article. Use of no other image is permitted. Font style: Georgia Size: 8, color: black. Do not use any fancy formatting, cover page or table of content. Headings and Sub-headings in size 10 and in bold, color: black.
6. The article needs to be mailed in .doc format to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your name and a short bio about what you do with the subject line as “Article Writing Challenge-IMM- Your name, B-school/Organisation“. The last date for sending the article is 7th September, 2014 (In order to be considered for Sparks! Edition 3, the article must reach us by 20th August, 2014).You will hear from us within 72 hours after sending the article whether your article has been accepted.
7. The winning entries will be declared on 22nd September, 2014 on our fanpage. The winners will be communicated by email. The decision of the Management team will be final.
8. Early Bird Advantage: The articles that are received early will get a longer promotion period as they would be posted immediately after approval of the content
In order to stay updated about the event, do connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. In case of any queries, feel free to mail us at email@example.com