Tagged: ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Abhirup
    Keymaster

The app market allows just about anyone to publish their software for download by the masses. Do these developers have the same obligations to their users as traditional businesses? 

Let the discussions begin !  :good:

Prabhat Chawla
    Participant

I don’t think the current lot of developers have the similar obligations as traditional businesses. In majority of the cases, this current crop of developers works as an individual entity. This work ethic/process do not make them accountable to the general masses. They publish their apps/content for their own profit, target a specific audience and are least concerned if their work is not acceptable/relevant to the general masses.

Another factor that goes for them not sharing the same obligations is the lack of brand power they posses. This brand power that we associate with the traditional businesses make them accountable for their each and every action. These businesses have to take into consideration several factors and pass through constraints to sustain the image/legacy they have developed over the years.

Their are a few examples that comes to my mind highlighting the drawbacks of this mismatch. Recently there was a running app ‘proruntastic’ released by an hacker in the android market. The android market inability to infiltrate the contents compromised the details of several users who had downloaded that app. The situation would have been quite different had any known company published an app. The level of checks would have been deployed at an early stage by them to detect any virus before clearing it to be ready to publish in the market.

Abhirup
    Keymaster

Your points are valid, but you are opening a discussion !! You cannot start in this manner… as a leader you need to throw the house open for discussions 🙂

You need to give a brief of present scenario, both sides of coin in 1-2 lines and then take the discussion ahead.

+5 for content , -2 for beginning. Net = 3 points !

Abhirup
    Keymaster

You should also check if you will be able to say so much in the initial 40 to max 45 seconds …before being interrupted by someone else.

Tulika Das
    Participant

I would like to contradict this… the argument by Prabhat is one-sided. As a service provider, the app developers are responsible for meeting the service quality. We also get air for free but that does not mean we do not want fresh air. The same argument holds true here !

Tulika Das
    Participant

You should also check if you will be able to say so much in the initial 40 to max 45 seconds …before being interrupted by someone else.

Very valid point sir  :good:

Abhirup
    Keymaster

I would like to contradict this… the argument by Prabhat is one-sided. As a service provider, the app developers are responsible for meeting the service quality. We also get air for free but that does not mean we do not want fresh air. The same argument holds true here !

More elaboration would have helped….

In someways you have created both an opportunity for others and a possible diversion… This can be a tricky situation in real time.

wantIndiafirst
    Participant

At the first instance, I’d say no. These online developers don’t have that much obligation to their users as traditional businesses.

Traditional Businesses have lots of obligations to their users like in-house service in the shop, comfortable seats, proper air-conditioning, well behaved sales men & many others.

However, in the case online businesses, there are much lesser obligations. For instance, if online businesses have perfect apps, good customer care number/email to cater to their needs & no extra ordinary post sale obligations.

Therefore, offline businesses require much extra cost for the obligations that are necessary to attract & maintain good amount of clientele.

However, if a customer doesn’t like the product & is not on a good mood, so he/she can even misbehave at the TBs shop, which may affect the reputation of the business.

However, in online business, there’s much lesser such obligation as there are multiple ecommerce websites where one can sell it’s products & even users don’t bother about rating that much if the price is feasible & better than others.

So definitely, online business has much lesser obligation.

But to end my explanation, I’d say there’d be done obligations if one wants to run a successful business.

TB-Traditional Business

Abhirup
    Keymaster

@pulbhat you have quite clearly diverted from the topic. The topic was about app developers…

-2  points :negative:

Rajesh Narayanan
    Participant

I suppose they have the same obligations as the large businesses. This is because the app developers would be focused on establishing themselves. In order to establish themselves, the first thing they would need to do is to ensure customer satisfaction. The more satisfied the customers are, the more positive the reviews would be and this will eventually lead to more people downloading the apps. This way the developers would fancy their chances to establish themselves. Also on ethical terms, the app developers are indebted to provide good service to the customers, because they are provided a free platform where they can publish their work and make money.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Follow us

©2010-2023 IdeasMakeMarket.com |Contact Us | T&C | Privacy Policy

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account