Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Sravanti Badam
    Participant

Hi guys,
    Post your CAT 2014 scores here, your doubts, issues etc. and we will guide you in all possible ways regarding MDI process.

Things to mention:
    Your percentile
    Sectional percentile
    Class X percentage
    Class XII percentage
    Graduation percentage
    Work experience (months)

All the best! B-) :good:

Sankalp Sharma
    Participant

Hey OA 95.75 (VA 95 and QA 93) Any chances for MDI or MDI HR? And do these programs have different cutoffs?

Sankalp Sharma
    Participant

CAT-95.75, VA-95.1, QA-92.87, X-95.8%, XII- 81.2%, Btech-6.3,fresher ..Also Does the HR program have a different cutoff?

Sravanti Badam
    Participant

@sankalp Your CAT score looks good, so you might get a call. But you need to justify your low CGPA in B.Tech. And yes, the cutoff is different for the HR program.

prajeshgupta
    Participant

CAT- 95.96%ile (QA-98.03, VA- 83.83)

Grad – 61.3

12th – 81

10th – 93.4

WE – 17 months in quality control

Qualification – BE Mechanical

Category – general

Sravanti Badam
    Participant

@prajesh The positives in your profile: Overall CAT percentile looks good and the work experience is also in the related sector. Negatives: Verbal score is a little less. Same with the graduation percentage. So, let’s hope for a call.
    BTW the category doesn’t matter in MDI process, as everyone is considered equal. There’s no reservation system.

prajeshgupta
    Participant

@sravanti: Does graduation percentage cause a problem during placements? Will it be a factor for rejection by the interview panel?
    Also, I heard that MDI gives 70% weightage to CAT score, so do you really think there is a chance of a convert at my percentile?

Sravanti Badam
    Participant

@prajesh: 1. We can’t generalize things. Considering placements, some companies give weightage to previous acads and others don’t. If you are asking about B-school interviews, previous acads more or less matter. In case you get a shortlist, I’m sure you would be asked about “why 61% in btech” in the MDI interview. So, if you provide a proper and convincing justification, your low score won’t be a factor for rejection.
    2. It is a misconception that MDI has higher weightage for CAT score. I have seen people who couldn’t convert at 99.5+. So, if your profile is good and you do your WAT-GD-PI well, you will definitely convert.

Anant Sanganeria
    Participant

OA 95.12

QA 96.14

VA 86.03

10th 93.2

12th 92.2

B.tech (up to 7th sem) 9.01

Aman13
    Participant

Hello,

My CAT scores and profile is as follows :

OA- 95.1

QA- 92.58 and  VA- 93.76

B.Tech. (Mechanical)  – 8.489 (CGPA) / 76.4 %

XII- 89

X- 92.8

Work Ex. – Working in family business ( a metal trading company) since July 2013.

Achievements- My team and I had been honored by Manufacturers’ Association of Faridabad for developing an F1 racing car and participating in a national level racing competition organized by SAE INDIA.

Extra Curricular- I have participated and won prizes in Fine Arts, Literary and technical events at University level. I was an active member of the respective collegiate clubs. I am a budding painter.

Please tell me what are my chances of getting a call from MDI and also the chances of converting that call. Awaiting your reply. And kindly throw some light on the IM program offered by MDI. I got to know that students have to look for internships on their own under this program. Is it so ?

Thanks and Regards,

Aman Bhatia.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Follow us

©2010-2023 IdeasMakeMarket.com |Contact Us | T&C | Privacy Policy

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account