Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 137 total)
  • Author
    Abhirup
    Keymaster

Short term certifications like green belt six sigma, FLIP certifications and NCFM certifications can prove useful. In addition to this, joining an NGO as volunteer helps in giving brownie points.

prajeshgupta
    Participant

Hi, I have some questions(for NMIMS PI):

1. I am a B.E(Mech) with 1.5 years of exp, I have done an online course on Business Strategy and basics of Corporate finance.In case asked in PI about specialization, should I say Operations(because of my work-ex) or Finance(because of my interest)?

2. my grad% is 62%, will that affect in placements in case I take finance?

3.What are some facts that make NMIMS one of the best in India for finance,something which can give me an edge in the PI?

4. Any tips on how to prepare for CD?

Thanks

Abhirup
    Keymaster

Hi,

@prajeshgupta
    :

1. Basically you should say whichever you are interested in more and can withstand the stress test. Finance sounds more logical in NM.

2. It may. How much work ex you are having ? Plus the skills you develop will prove useful.

3. Your focus should not be on selling NM but on selling yourself. The idea should not be why you want to be in NM, the idea should be why NM should select you… I hope you understand the difference.

4. Undertake ethical dilemmas and decision making case studies of 1-2 paragraphs for practice.

All the best ! :yahoo:

Abhirup
    Keymaster

:good: :yahoo: Those who have appled in MDI, please refer the MDI thread as well.. :mail:

Dipen Jain
    Participant

Hi, I am Dipen Jain. My profile is as follow:
    NMAT 2014
    1st attempt :
    OA: 213-78(QS)62(LS)73(LR)
    2nd Attempt
    OA: 217-84(QS)66(LS)67(LR)
    X % – 82.5(77.11 after reduction)
    XII% – 82.57
    Btech: 8.49(77.40 after % conversion)
    Work Ex:14months so far in TCS
    Also work as a volunteer in an NGO.
    Special Achievement:
    -College topper in Final Year
    -key member of organising committee of tech fest of college
    -been the editor of college magazine

Please guide me for CD/PI.. what are my chances?

Thank you 🙂

Abhirup
    Keymaster

@dipen-jain : profile looks complete. Plus you have the optimum experience level (which in my view is between 12 to 18 months).  You will stand a good chance with this score. All the best !

Read one of the sector report that you intend to work in post mba and try to drive the PI in that arena. All the best ! :yahoo:

Arpa Mitra
    Participant

Hi,
    I have the following queries. Could you please help me with this?
    1. I have done my B.Tech in BioTechnology. But after that I shifted to IT field and have work experience in Infosys for almost two years. How can I defend this shift of mine in PI?
    2. Ethical dilemmas and decision making case studies where to get practice tests from? any material link?
    Thanks in advance.

prajeshgupta
    Participant

My work-ex is 17 months(in quality control)

Abhirup
    Keymaster

@arpa-mitra  :  In IT, I am assuming you were working fr clients in aparticular domain like BFSI, Pharma, etc. You can relate it with your interest in those domains . Secondly, you can also defend it by saying you bring skill sets in two domains like IT and Bio Tech. So that differentiates you from normal IT grad.

Regarding ethical dilemmas and case studies, we are working on it 🙂 It will be ready by Jan 3. :good:

Sahil Puri
    Participant

Hi Abhirup! My profile is :

1. NMAT Score – 211 (88 QA, 65 LR, 58 VA)

2. Grad (B.Tech) Score – 83.56% (2nd Rank)

3. 12th – 87.2

4. 10th – 85.4

5. Work Ex- 18 Months till date

6. Extra Curricular – College Level Achievements (Chief Organizer in college fests.)

What do you think are my chances?

And how should I go about GD/PI ?

Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 137 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Follow us

©2010-2023 IdeasMakeMarket.com |Contact Us | T&C | Privacy Policy

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account