Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Paarth Gandhe
    Participant

Rajiv here is in a terrible dilemma, the only thing that can get him out of the situation looking as a winner is having to do what his supervisor wants in terms of results and not having to do what would actually be a violation of work ethics.

Now, for this, since his supervisor is very much insisting on bribing the manager for recieving the order what Rajiv could do is:

1) Try his best to talk his supervisor out of the whole bribing thing by making him realize how this shady deal can put both their jobs in jeopardy.

AND/OR

2) Since an ‘unethical beginning’ to his career can give Rajiv a lifetime of guilt and living in a constant fear of being exposed, he should rather use his pitching capabilities to land new clients thus killing two birds with one stone.

AND/OR

3) If his supervisor is extremely adamant on bribing, Rajiv could try and gain leverage over him by lets say recording their conversation and then later asking the supervisor not to make him bribe officials else he would expose him to the company. This way, Rajiv is not only preventing a culpable act but he’s also making the supervisor owe him one.

The last point I made may seem a little too extreme but in the business world I believe there’s no black or white; everybody is grey. Having said that, a person himself should be a straight arrow and not let others find dirt on him.

For Rajiv here, quitting is not an option given the fact that he’s the only earning member of the family and that he got this job after a lot of slogging.

parul singla
    Participant

ETHICS is the one thing that is inculcated into us from childhood.Coming on to the case given to us which is of ethical dilemma.Rajiv a salesman who thinks giving brbe is beyond our ethics but when he informs his supervisor about the same ,he is asked to look for another job.According to me,rajiv can manage mr sanjay by reminding him business ethics or ethical rules for the company which every employee is being taught.Also for client,he can convince him by telling him why he should give order to acrobat bottles ltd. why this company is better than other and how this order will be beneficial for client as well.

Abhirup
    Keymaster

So should he pay the bribe or not ?

parul singla
    Participant

no he should not pay the bribe

Priya Gupta
    Participant

Hello Abhirup Sir..

Can u plz provide me the link of the whatsapp group where cpl of ebooks is present..

I dont have any source to prepare for cdpi..

Abhirup
    Keymaster
Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Follow us

©2010-2023 IdeasMakeMarket.com |Contact Us | T&C | Privacy Policy

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account