Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Abhirup
    Keymaster

hello friends In the given case we have to select two candidates for the role of project manager and financial consultant and company can incur maximum od 30 lakhs in CTC. Roles of project manager includes planning ,organising,controlling,motivating team,developing budget that satisfies clients and risks involved in project.According to me prerna rai will be the right candidate for project manager since she has work ex of 6 years ,she will be effective in coomunicating with team and because of her both functional and technical skills,she will be able to manage the team well ,can understand client needs and can evaluate the problems ,risks involved. she can aslo apply her technical knowledge wherever requires.Aso her expected package is 16 lacs which is convenient for the company. Now, the job of financial consultant is more of a technical one.I think sadaf zia fulfills the requirement of the job . Since she is a sharp progrmmer and has a wor ex of 20 months can design the software acc to client demand. also comapny can provide her package of 10-12 lacs. so i think these two candidates will be suitable for the job and also ctc is under the company’s budget .

Good and positive start +2 :good:

Abhirup
    Keymaster

Here we need to look at the viable options. According to me, Raj Singh is not a good option. Although Raj Singh has an experience of 10 years and is an excellent project manager, looking at the no.of companies he has worked for,i.e 12, we can safely say that he doesnt stay at one company for too long. So Raj Singh is not a viable option if they are planning for the long term. I think, they should go for the experience of Sakshi Singh, Prerna Rai and the relatively raw talent of Sadaf and Vinod. Sakshi can manage people well and Prerna has the technical and functional skills. Sakshi should be hired as the project manager and Prerna as the functional consultant. Prerna can also help out and teach Sakshi the basic technical things needed for a project management. Sadaf and Vinod should be hired to help out prerna and learn a thing or two from her and also from each other.This way the company can also plan for the longer term. As far the Budget the concerned , they can explain their funding crisis and that they hope to get out of it soon. This will help them negotiate a salary less than their expectation explaining that they will meet their expectations as soon as they resolve their funding issue. As of now ( all in lakhs) Sakshi- max 10 Prerna- max 14, Sadaf- max 4, Vinod- max 2 Another option would be Peter Parker,Sadaf, Vindo Peter Parker- hugely experienced guy. Worked for 2 companies over a span of 15 years which speaks for his loyalty. Also he has both managerial and technical skills. He should be primarily hired as a project manager. He secondary job would be to help out the functional consultant Sadaf and Vinod when needed since they are both relatively inexperienced. As for the CTC ,they can again explain their funding crisis just as in the previous option. Peter- 24 ,Sadaf-4, Vinod-2 I would prefer the first option since the second option would put too much pressure on one person and the productivity may fall

Logical thinking. Well structured with reasoning +2

parul singla
    Participant

i would like to conclude this discussion

as majority of us believes that sakshi cannot be hired as project manager because  of less work experience and no technical skill,  prerna rai would be the right candidate for project manager as she has both functional and technical skills and is also under the budget of the company .

and as far as functional consultant is concerned,we can hire sadaf zia because of her excellent programming skills and also vinod can be hired as a assistant to sadaf and all these three candidates are under our company budget.

prerna-16 lacs,sadaf-8.5lacs,vinod-5.5 lacs

thank you!

Abhirup
    Keymaster

i would like to conclude this discussion as majority of us believes that sakshi cannot be hired as project manager because of less work experience and no technical skill, prerna rai would be the right candidate for project manager as she has both functional and technical skills and is also under the budget of the company . and as far as functional consultant is concerned,we can hire sadaf zia because of her excellent programming skills and also vinod can be hired as a assistant to sadaf and all these three candidates are under our company budget. prerna-16 lacs,sadaf-8.5lacs,vinod-5.5 lacs thank you!

When you are concluding you would have to state the reason why the others were not selected. Another challenge is ensuring that everyone is in sync with it. +2 for the effort :good:

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Follow us

©2010-2023 IdeasMakeMarket.com |Contact Us | T&C | Privacy Policy

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account