Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    DEBLEEN ROY
    Participant

Parul I agree that Sakshi doesn’t have the technical skills. That’s why I said that Prerna should help out Sakshi with the technical things.

As far as your point about hiring Prerna as the project manager, you said that she had the reqd technical skills, but she doesn’t have the skill of team management, which I think is quite important for a project manager.

As far as the salary of Sadaf is concerned, I think he/she will be able to understand the fund crisis. Also, I explained that they all have been promised salary hikes once the funding crisis is resolved which as per the case is expected to be happen soon.

Shreyasi Dewan
    Participant

<i>We have two posts vacant project manager and functional consultant. Looking at the profiles </i>

<i>SS: is skilled in managing people so project management role. But experience is somewhat low. </i>

<i>SZ: excellent technical skills hence consultant ,but salary is not know </i>

<i>RS: highly experienced    project manager</i>

<i>PP: Highly experienced again and solves both technical and managerial problem salary on the higher side </i>

<i>VR: coding skills and fresher </i>

<i>can be negotiated for a lower salary ?</i>

<i>PR: experienced and suited for consultancy </i>

<i>Now the company has 30lacs but is ready to shell out more later on after the current crisis </i>

<i> </i>

<i>Objective is to sort and fill in the posts </i>

<i>Also not exceed the 30lacs margin And hire more people</i>

<i> </i>

<i>Criteria of evaluation should be to hire an employee that contributes to the growth of the company and does not switch job or leave  lading to loss of asset </i>

<i> </i>

<i>Now looking at the profiles of the candidates hiring PP solves all the problems being ex CTO and he has knowledge and  experience. SZ on the other hand can be an excellent consultant given her certification. Also PR might be a suitable consultant given her technical and functional skills and experience.</i>

<i> </i>

<i>Recommendations</i>

<i>1. The first combination can be SS for project manager and PR for consultancy . Their payment dosent exceed the 30lpa limit and they don’t have a record of switching companies . </i>

<i> </i>

<i>2. Maybe negotiate the salary of the above combination if possible and accommodate VR the fresher. He can be groomed with time and be an asset there after. Also we get to hire more, anyway the company will be ready to pay extra after some time so salaries can be increased.</i>

<i> </i>

<i>3. Instead of VR appoint S Zia along with SS and PR ,and try negotiating a salary within the budget … Her technical skills might come handy. </i>

<i> </i>

Abhirup
    Keymaster

Lets see if someone can build a consensus… :unsure:  :wacko:  🙂

(P.s. please type directly here or copy from notepad, if you use word it will give formatting issues)

Dark Knights
    Participant

Sakshi, in my opinion, is not a suitable option for Project manager role.She has experience of 2 years and it completely seems she is new to management.

Prerana as PM would be really tricky I don’t think a client would ever accept someone who doesn’t have management skills, if she fails then there is going to be serious repercussions for the company.But even if Raj leaves I think we won’t have to answer that much because we have provided the best option available to the client.Moreover about the number of companies he has changed we are not sure and are completely unaware that he changed the companies before coming to management or after that.Better not to have the impression that he won’t be stable.

I would go with Vinod and Sadaf for FC and additional role.

Skill it
    Participant

@akanksha

Thisis a good choice. But we can’t take a risk of making prerna sit in managerial role.We can recruit sakshi Sinha also who is skilled in people management by negotiating her salary at 11.3L, prerna Rai at 14.7L, sadaf Zia at 4L and vinod rai doesn’t expect salary from a startup during his training so he can be trained and be salaried once funding is raised. This helps prerna Rai and sakshi sinha collectively take up manager role as one has technical expertise, experience and other has managerial field experience.

parul singla
    Participant

friends ,sakshi sinha doesnot have any technical skills

looking at prerna’s profile ,since she has been working for 6 years in a company,she would have definitely worked under a team and must have worked  in a project Also functional skills include organisational skills and its also in a company’s budget.she would be right candidate for project manager  🙂

Dark Knights
    Participant

Folks, I would still go with Raj as project manager.Are you all taking into consideration client’s perspective? At the end of the day, they should be satisfied.And if  Raj seems to be an unstable option.We can make him sign a bond of 1 year for a service agreement.Project Manager is someone who will get new business, get involved in metrics and budget prediction and allocation.We need someone who has prior experience on these.

Even though we are selecting Prerna’s profile there is a scope of she being rejected in the Client Interview itself because of lack of experience in project management.

Abhirup
    Keymaster

Can someone conclude the CD – Who are the final candidates to be selected ?

Abhirup
    Keymaster

Folks, I would still go with Raj as project manager.Are you all taking into consideration client’s perspective? At the end of the day, they should be satisfied.And if Raj seems to be an unstable option.We can make him sign a bond of 1 year for a service agreement.Project Manager is someone who will get new business, get involved in metrics and budget prediction and allocation.We need someone who has prior experience on these. Even though we are selecting Prerna’s profile there is a scope of she being rejected in the Client Interview itself because of lack of experience in project management.

12 companies in 10 years is really too much…. Raj should not be there

Abhirup
    Keymaster

@akanksha
    Thisis a good choice. But we can’t take a risk of making prerna sit in managerial role.We can recruit sakshi Sinha also who is skilled in people management by negotiating her salary at 11.3L, prerna Rai at 14.7L, sadaf Zia at 4L and vinod rai doesn’t expect salary from a startup during his training so he can be trained and be salaried once funding is raised. This helps prerna Rai and sakshi sinha collectively take up manager role as one has technical expertise, experience and other has managerial field experience.

Short, but interesting thinking of Vinod being trained. +2

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Follow us

©2010-2023 IdeasMakeMarket.com |Contact Us | T&C | Privacy Policy

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account