Tagged: ,

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Aditya Kumar
    Participant

what is NM niche specialization ?? Finance/Marketing

Nikhil Bahrani
    Participant

Any chance at merit rank 1230?

Abhirup
    Keymaster

Not really… while I had initially told 100-150, it wont go beyond 100 . So you have a very remote chance.

Sandesh Patil
    Participant

sir, i need your opinion.

I have converted NMIMS mumbai. I am working in HAL for past 28 months. I am waitlisted at SPJ and waiting for the results of xlri and mdi, but very less chances of converting them. Should i take admission in NM or should i try for next year?

(i am in dilemma just because fee of NM is very high and it doesn’t have campus)

Abhirup
    Keymaster

Hi firstly, the part about not having a residential campus is not a major issue. The new building that started last year is very well equipped . Though you will probably have to share a flat with your batchmates. About fees being high, well the fees are at par considering those of other top league bschools or IIMs .

Hope my answer helps.

Hi Abhirup ,

This is Vaitheeswaran 

I have a couple of queries .

I really hope U will clear my doubt. 

I have a 35 month experience in IT.

1> How difficult would it be to get placed in Marketing profile from NM. 

2> What are the Kind of Marketing Jobs I can look @ ?

3> Is it true that after three year experience Finance COmpanies won’t recruit me ?

4> How good are the IT placements @ NM ?

Thanx in advance

Regards

Vaitheeswaran

Abhirup
    Keymaster

1> How difficult would it be to get placed in Marketing profile from NM.

For marketing freshers are preferred. But equally I have seen people with high experience also doing good.

2> What are the Kind of Marketing Jobs I can look @ ?

Too early really. Right now your focus should be on understanding concepts and identifying what your interests are.

3> Is it true that after three year experience Finance Companies won’t recruit me ?

No there is nothing like that. Finance companies have no such policy to distinguish. I know someone in my batch with 4.5 years IT ex got one of the top roles.

4> How good are the IT placements @ NM ?

IT placements are quite good. For details refer the placement report.

All the best !!  :good:

Vineeth
    Participant

Hi Team,

I have converted NMIMS Bangalore.I belong to General category.I have 31 months of experience in IT and 8 months in Insurance sector.

Current salary :  5.5 lpa.

Expected salary : 8 to 12 lacs.

I want to do MBA this year.I am in interested in MBA Finance.My other options are

1)SIBM B(W/LNo. 352)       2)SIIB(W/L No.232)

3) Converted( IMT Nagpur, SDMIMD Mysore, BIMM Pune).

4)Yet to attend the interviews of ( IFMR Chennai, NIBM Pune, NIA Pune, BITS Pilani).

Please do answer the below questions.

• Which is the the best of the lot and why? and please do rate them.
    • Is it true that financial companies do not prefer guys with 3+ years of work experience?
    • Which of the above colleges help me in getting good industry exposure, job profiles like(Financial Analyst, Business Analyst, Rating Analyst etc.), decent ROI, location advantage, distinguished faculty, excellent peer group etc.

Thanks in advance.

Abhirup
    Keymaster

Firstly, NMIMS Bangalore and IMT Nagpur are the credible options that you have. So no point in rating others.

Secondly, no there is no such issue with finance companies. Finance companies look at your knowledge, that’s all.

For your third question, you will need to do a bit of self research and work on it.

Hope this answers  :good:

arpit kothari
    Participant

Hello friends and mentors, I have converted NM(HR) and TAPMI. The thing is I want to study for a year and gain knowledge in every field, after that I want to decide in which stream I want to pursue my career. Need your inputs which one to select. If possible, please shed some light on the placements perspective also. Thanks!

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Follow us

©2010-2023 IdeasMakeMarket.com |Contact Us | T&C | Privacy Policy

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account