Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Abhirup
    Keymaster

You have been appointed as the Law Minister of India for a day. The Indian Parliament is currently in session. What are the major policies that you would like to enact ?

Bhautik Popat
    Participant

In India we have many laws and policies, but how many are actually prevailing on ground? To counter this issue, the very first thing I would want to do is to make a comphrensive structure to implement various exisiting policies wherein technology would play a major role for such implementation and continuously monitor them. Rather than enacting a new policy, making better the exisitng one is something I would want to go ahead and once they have been implemented successfully, I would consider framing new policies. This would not only work for the welfare of people but would also win trust of people in the law system of India.

Most important thing, we have been many policies for making India clean but we do not really fine people who litter public places. So a strict policy that would fine people for littering in public places would be enacted and will be implemented and monitored continuously. Fining would not solve a problem totally but to solve a problem we need to start with something and with time continuously monitor it. Also, the fine structure would increase exponentially with the number of litter a person does. At the same time, coordinating with the Health ministry to install bins at every 5-10 km in a city, would enable people to use them and litter less on public places.

These are two main things that I would want to implement being a Law Minister.

Shubhadeep Basak
    Participant

To improve the judiciary system, I, as a Law Minister would concentrate on removing obsolete laws, strengthening the present laws by removing the loopholes and digitalizing the judiciary system. I would make a policy to remove the obsolete laws from the law books. Many laws have lost relevance in the present context. It results in a wastage of money to print them. The next policy I would like to enact is doing away with the loopholes the present laws have. These loopholes are used by lawyers to defend an accused who might have committed a very heinous crime.

I would use the power of internet to expedite the judicial matters. I would make the processes of application of filing of a case, checking the status of a judgement, payments to the government etc. online. In this way, a person can concentrate only on fighting the case and not on other trivial issues which unnecessarily waste his/her time and energy. And lastly, I would make a separate committee consisting of eminent lawyers and civil servants to monitor the implementation of my above policies. I feel my these will surely have a major impact on Indian Judiciary.

Abhirup
    Keymaster

Guys , you missed the point- You just have one single day. Think out of the box.

Rajesh_Thote
    Participant

Today India is ranked at 142 out of 189 countries for ease of doing a business. On the other hand many Asian countries like Singapore, United Arab Nations, China ranked the top. This is because the mean time taken for forming any firm in the country is high compare to these countries. An any start-up company need to do a lot of documentation, need to take a help from lawyer, has fill lot of forms at notary and registration office. This time varies from 1 day to 3 months and in some cases even more like getting an approval over land and electricity. To decrease these mean time a minimum documentation process should be implemented, maximum work should be through on-line as it saves a lot of time of travelling and getting to the right person.

Secondly safety is the main concern that can be of a woman or a work person at site. safety laws must be strengthen to incorporate with increasing number of crime cases. Like we know every war of country takes back it to 10 years in term of growth same way every crime in a city stops a growth. A law that will take an instant action over a crime and separate committee for resolving these cases with dead line. And a monitoring body must be there to keep a track of such cases.

Abhirup
    Keymaster

Good and valid points Rajesh ! 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Follow us

©2010-2023 IdeasMakeMarket.com |Contact Us | T&C | Privacy Policy

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account