Did Malala deserve the Nobel Peace prize?

This topic contains 15 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Sarthak Brahma 2 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
     Sarthak Brahma 

With all due respect to the decorated laureate, let us have a healthy debate, as people of reason and logic, on whether Malala Yousafzai deserved the prize?

Abhirup Bhattacharya 
    Keymaster

Hi Sarthak,

It’s not easy for a teenager to stand upto the mighty Talibans and fundamentalists. She symbolised hope and aspirations of millions of suppressed women all across the globe. So did she not deserve it still? :good:

Abhirup Bhattacharya 
    Keymaster

Maybe others can provide a different angle to the discussions…

Sarthak Brahma 

I somehow don’t feel so Abhirup. That’s why I need some counter-opinions about what other people think. Would let everyone know of my views in detail through an article. I want to see how far I am right in thinking what I am thinking  :scratch:

Shubhangi Garg 
    Participant

Malala, though has been an activist for only 2 years, her courage and brave mettle to risk her life for the right to girl’s education is phenomenal. I agree, the issue is sensitive enough, and anyone involved with it attracts attention. However, it is not a everyday occurrence when a girl, at the young age of 11, firstly, understands the importance of education, and secondly, is dedicated towards achieving it for the entire community in one of the most hostile environments, at the risk of her own life.

Abhirup Bhattacharya 
    Keymaster

Nice points @shubhangi_garg :yahoo:

Sarthak Brahma 

Even I agree to her being a worthy international personality  but to get a Nobel for that is plain wrong. :negative:

Sarthak Brahma 

Here is my take – Did Malala deserve the Nobel Peace Prize. Have a read and give it another thought  :good:

Saurabh Arora 
    Participant

I think that the Nobel was given to her to make an example out of her so that more and more females come forward in their country to fight against the injustice. We all need role models for the motivation so this girl can be a beacon of hope for the country. For those who are fans of “The Hunger Games” series know how much inspiration a single person can give to the masses (may seem a cheesy example, but a relevant one in this case).
    On the topic whether she deserved the prize or not, she is not in the league of eminent personalities like Nelson Mandela, Mother Teressa, etc who had devoted their whole life for the peace. Moreover, considering the fact that father of our nation hasnt yet received the coveted award she was awarded the prize too early.

Sarthak Brahma 

Saurabh, It is good to know that you hold an objective view to this and pretty much understand the way how they are giving away the Nobel recently. But a prize of the stature of the Nobel should not be given based on pure emotions and the hope that the decorated person will do something good in the future after being awarded. Its like giving the Bharat Ratna to,say Bhuvaneshvar Kumar (spare the cheesiness :P) thinking that this will foster growth of fast bowlers in India. Besides, there are/maybe forces behind the whole Malala thing that I/We cannot talk freely about. Moreover, as I mentioned in my article above too, it is the Western world and us free thinking people who see the Malala case as inspiring and all but the ground reality back at her place is the exact opposite. :good:

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Contact Us

Send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2017 IdeasMakeMarket.com India's Finest Management Portal. IdeasMakeMarket and its logo are registered trademarks.

Forgot your details?