Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Aditya Aggarwal
    Participant

Which study material should be referred for clearing CFA level 1 ? And can we purchase it online?
    What is the approximate time duration required to clear CFA level 1 for an engineer with no Finance knowledge?

Please suggest me good authors for accounting and corporate finance books?

Abhirup
    Keymaster

Hi, when you pay the fees, you get the ebooks of the official books from the institute. For additional preparations, you can refer Schweser notes and videos. Right now the notes are not released for Dec exam, so you can start reading previous year books. But dont purchase anything at this moment.

Right now just take up any book that explains accounting concepts nicely. No particular author comes to mind as such.

Abhirup
    Keymaster

Let me know if you have more queries :scratch:

Aditya Aggarwal
    Participant

Thanku Abhirup so much!! :good:

prajesh gupta
    Participant

Sir, I’m an engg hoping to pursue an MBA in finance from NMIMS. Is CFA (Level 1 and 2) a necessary certification to secure a good placement in finance for engineers like me?

Abhirup
    Keymaster

@prajesh-gupta : It is not necessary, but having passed those examinations does help in your profile building as well making the ground more level playing since you will also have batchmates from commerce backgrounds.

kanika aggarwal
    Participant

What is career path and career growth after MBA finance From NMIMS Mumbai and how is it different from old IIM’s?

Abhirup
    Keymaster

Frankly speaking there is not much difference. Also once you are in the industry and spent 5-6 years, it will be almost at par.

Obviously if you compare it with IIMs, then roles offered in campuses like A,B,C, L and K are better. I am still not very sure if I understood your question correctly.

Pritam Mukherjee
    Participant

Ya I am also having same query

Pranjal Gangurde
    Participant

@Prajesh:   CFA will surely add value to profile , but it’s not necessary as Abhirup Sir said. If you have serious aptitude for finance and have money , you can go ahead. But One can get industry recognition only after completing all levels of CFA. In fact, most of the topics in CFA level 1 is already covered in MBA Finance/ MSc Finance. As per the report from reputed institute , many mba/msc  finance students got high packages even after not  doing CFA. I hope it helps.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Follow us

©2010-2023 IdeasMakeMarket.com |Contact Us | T&C | Privacy Policy

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account